Friday, April 9, 2021

A Picture Update: Two Harbors!

Happy Friday!  The week of spring break FLEW by...mostly because Chris and I spent a good chunk of it up north in Two Harbors!  

On Monday I finished a puzzle, went for a pretty run, and the girls got HAIRCUTS (and had colorful suckers).



After lunch on Tuesday Chris and I dropped off the girls at G-ma and Pa's house and headed north.  We got to Tettegouche for a hike in the late afternoon.  The sun was there when we first go there, and has we were hiking the fog rolled in.  It was pretty cool, actually!





Then we headed to our resort...Larsmont!  We had a lakeside "cottage suite" and the view of the lake was lovely. We wandered around the lakeshore for a bit and ordered take-out from the resort restaurant.


It was rainy (all week, basically) on Wednesday morning.  I still got out for a lakeshore walk and then worked on a puzzle while Chris had to work.


We FaceTimed the girls and even got to see Luna! Maya was excited.  Callie didn't want to be bothered (she was reading) and Luna was confused.


That night was REALLY windy and rainy.  We drove down to Duluth and tried to walk around Canal Park, but it wasn't that fun because of the weather.  So we ended up driving around for awhile and then once again going to pick up takeout.  The view out our window was very wet.


When I went out for a walk on Thursday morning, I interrupted a group of deer eating breakfast at 6:4am. I also had scheduled a 9am massage and it was SO amazing.  The "massage cottage" was right on the lake so the windows were open and I could hear the waves the whole time.


Then Chris and I headed to Gooseberry Falls!  The water was rushing SO fast.  We did a 2 mile hike around the waterfalls and even passed a couple getting engaged on one of the bridges!  They were so excited and it was adorable.




As you can see, the color of the waterfalls was a weird rusty yellow.  So I thought I'd make one of my pics a black and white.  


It was VERY rainy that afternoon, so we hunkered down in our room and I worked on the puzzle while Chris watched the Masters.  It was a lovely and relaxing afternoon/evening!



While we were gone, the girls spent two nights at G-ma and Pa's house and had a blast as usual. 


Then they spent the night with Boom on Thursday night, and had a blast there, too!


This morning we finished out our trip with a 1.5 walk for coffee in the rain!


Click here for 2ish minutes of lovely north shore scenery!

We were happy to be reunited with these crazy girls to finish out the weekend back together. 









No comments:

Post a Comment