We had a very chill weekend, considering it is the weekend before Callie’s birthday and Christmas.
Yesterday I ran 5 miles on the treadmill (YUCK) and then Luna and Maya “helped” me stretch.
Then later the girls went on a hike in the woods with G-ma, Pa and Auntie Cat and I took advantage of the quiet time by listening to Christmas music, drinking a mimosa, and reading a new book!
Before dinner Maya managed to run her forehead into our kitchen table. Fun times! She is fine but had a bit of a bump and a line on her forehead, which she called a “table mark.”
We also talked to Mitchell on FaceTime for a bit and saw him wave- his new skill.
This morning I braved the cold weather for my run. I was rewarded by a pretty sunrise. The girls spent most of the day playing outside.
Our big outing for the weekend was going to Sam’s Christmas Light Show over in Wisconsin with Auntie Yoda and Lucy!
There were millions of lights!
It was quite the adventure!
Have a great Christmas week. Once again, it feels and will be so different. But we are going to be practicing gratitude and leaning on hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment