Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Maya QOTD

Maya is absolutely hilarious these days. I could hang out and listen to her talk forever.

Lately she has been really into homonyms. She loves to think of homonyms and then tell me proudly.

Tonight I (her former vegetarian mother) had to do a bit of gulping to address her current idea of homonyms. 

Maya: I know a homonym! Chicken! Like cluck cluck chicken, and chicken you eat!
Me: Well...that’s kind of the same chicken.
Maya: (pausing to think) Wait, you mean we kill the chicken and then eat it?
Me: Yup.
Maya: Ok so I eat pigs AND chickens because I eat bacon AND ham!

So she clearly doesn’t care about that whole eating animals thing like I did...and sometimes do if I think too much about it...

And then I told her I was a vegetarian back in the day and she didn’t care at all and then had a dance break to Hamilton and all was well.




No comments:

Post a Comment