Maya, Luna and I started yesterday out with a very hazy run/bike ride watching the red sun.
Then G-ma and Pa picked up the girls for a day at the county fair!
On their way home that stopped to see Pa’s work. And while they were having fun all day, Chris and I got a lot of house and yard stuff done. And also Luna helped Chris watch golf. It was a hot afternoon, so Maya was ready to cool off in the pool when they got home.
Last night we went to Michael Koch’s graduation party. Michael was maybe three years old when I met him. Chris was the “manny” for his family way back in the early 2000s (Michael’s older brothers Anthony and Jacob are now in their early 20s and Chris ended up becoming their younger sister Christine’s godfather... she was the flower girl in our wedding and now is going to be a sophomore in high school!) It had been a long time since we spent time at their house, and was great to catch up with people we hadn’t seen in years.
Christine and Michael are pictured above...and just to make myself feel old I went through lots of old photo albums and scrapbooks last night. Here are Christine and Michael when they were much littler and how I remember them.
Yikes. Anyway...!
This morning we went on another run/bike ride and Callie joined us this time. As you can see she was super happy to stop for a picture.
We went to hear Boom play the flute at church and then went downtown. We took a walk outside with Iris and Gold Medal Park is always fun.
The girls and Chris also played some condo basketball!
Callie spent the afternoon at Boom’s house by herself and they had ice cream and went to the Lynx game and ride home on a bike taxi. Pretty cool!
Maya had the afternoon (and her parents!) to herself at home. We got out the pool, watched a bit of the game, she vacuumed with Daddy and played hide-and-seek with Luna.
Well there is ONE more week of summer before I start 2 weeks of teacher workshops and then a new school year. Crazy.
I’ll leave you with another way old school photo that Michael’s mom, Sheri, found as she was going through their old photo albums in preparation for the graduation party. I hadn’t seen this picture before and it makes me giggle. Enjoy!
His photo face hasn’t really changed much since 2002. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment