Monday, April 16, 2018

Remembering Grammy

My Grammy passed away peacefully this morning in her home. She had just turned 93 last month. 

Grammy (otherwise know as Carolyn Ekeberg) was spunky and sweet. She loved singing outloud at random times and through most of my growing up years, loved the acronym W.O.W., which stood for Wild Old Woman. She even had WOW on her license plate.



When I was little Grammy lived in Madison, and then moved out to Lake Tahoe, Nevada (where the above picture was taken). Then when I was in high school or early college, she moved out to Loveland, Colorado.

I have fond memories from all of those places where she lived. Every time we visited, she had presents for me and my sisters. I even got to fly out to Lake Tahoe by myself one summer (I was probably in middle school), and she spoiled me rotten with fun adventures, treats and Teen Beat Magazine.

She and I emailed daily in my teenage years and through my early twenties. Though we never lived in the same place, we had a close bond.



Callie has seen Grammy a few times, most recently in September, and I’m so grateful that we took that trip out to Colorado this fall.




The last several years she has had dementia and hasn’t known us. But she still always showed her spunk.

I’m grateful to have so many memories of her. We love you, Grammy, and will miss you very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment