Sunday, April 16, 2017

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Happy Easter Edition!

First off, Happy Easter! Here are the girls in their Easter finest (don't they look like little models with a fan blowing their hair?).

 

And our family picture.

 

Today we had a busy day of playing, eating, and being with our families. 

But before I get to that, I'll tell you about the rest of our busy weekend. On Friday, the girls, Chris and I spent the night at a hotel with a water park! We had a blast! 

 
The big water slides were definitely the highlight!  Both girls went down the slides SO MANY TIMES.  Here is some video of the different slides.


IMG_3209[1] from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Besides the water park fun, the girls also enjoyed other elements of staying at a hotel- our room hot tub, and the arcade. They were not psyched about sharing the pull-out couch for sleeping, but they eventually fell asleep...

 
On Saturday afternoon we went bowling and dinner with G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, and Hanna. It was a combined birthday celebration- a late birthday for Dan and Chris, and an early birthday for me and Hanna.

 
 
When you have a 3-year-old and you try and take a picture before dinner, this happens.

 
Crazy girl!

This morning I went on a 5 mile run and saw the Easter sunrise.

 
I got home just in time for the girls to wake up and see their Easter Bunny treats.

 
We then headed to G-ma and Pa's house for a Gosselin family Easter celebration.

There were hidden Easter baskets.

 
And Uncle Dan hid Easter eggs.

 
And we did some outdoor exploring and dice game playing.

 
After a stop at home for some much needed downtime, we headed downtown for the Henderson Easter celebration!

 
 
Baby Lucy was adorable, as to be expected. The girls were happy to see her.

 
So were lots of other people.

 
And Boom made scavenger hunts for both girls with fun prizes at the end!

 
Mari and I went to church tonight to watch Mom play her flute. The sanctuary is always so beautiful on Easter.

 

This past month there have been many pictures from Easters of years past that have popped up on my Timehop. Obviously, my dad has been in many of those pictures. I think about him and miss him every day, but days like today make it that much more pronounced. So I thought I would share one of my favorite Easter pictures of him. It shows him as typical Bops- not at all ashamed to put on pink bunny ears to make his granddaughter happy.

 
I'll leave you with video of the girls hanging out with Lucy! It's bound to put a smile on your face.

Untitled from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment