Sunday, December 25, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up: The Merry Christmas Edition!

Merry Christmas everybody! We have had a busy and wonderful weekend with family and friends. I hope that you all have had the same.

Our weekend started off chill on Friday night- with another lost tooth and some Troll poster coloring.

 
On Saturday morning, Christmas Eve day, our little family opened presents. The girls were excited and crazy and happy.

 
We also decided on Christmas Eve morning that our poor Christmas tree wasn't going to make it to actual Christmas. The amount of needles falling off  (or "beetles," as Maya calls them) were ridiculous. It looked like green snow, all the time.

 
So it has spent Christmas laying out on our front lawn.

We went to 2:00 church and then had Boom, Auntie Yoda, Uncle Craigles, Auntie Mari, and Uncle Josh back to our house for dinner, games, and presents.

 
This morning SANTA came! I totally busted Callie (through Maya's monitor) sneaking into Maya's room, turning on her light, and waking her up from a sound sleep at about 6:20 this morning. STINKER. I made them wait to see the Santa gifts.  

And at 7am I made them take a picture in their matching jammies before going down to see their presents. One sister cooperated. And one was crazy.

 
When I couldn't contain them any longer, I let them free to see their loot.

 
We then headed to G-ma and Pa's house to be with G-ma, Pa, Auntie Cat, Uncle Dan, Hanna, and Boom. We all wore our jammies, as usual, ate a delicious breakfast, opened gifts, and played.



 


Thankfully Maya fell asleep on the way home and slept for over 2 hours.  She needed it!  Because we had one last party to go to!  We went to my mom's to celebrate the season with the Johnsons and Suurmeyers.


 My mom and Laura treated us to musical entertainment. Here is a taste:


Tonight our faithful elves head back to Santa. But they had a fun last week at our house.



I'll leave you with a couple more videos- first a video compilation of Maya playing with the princess phone she got from Dan and Hanna.  We had SO many conversations. Hilarious and adorable conversations.  We were able to get a few of them on video, so I put them all together. Enjoy!


IMG 0925 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

And finally, a kitty cat Christmas video starring some awesome dancers.


IMG 0636 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment