Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up

Chris gets home from his golf trip about midnight tonight. 

Hooray!

In related news, this was me about 5pm.



This weekend. Here we go.

It started with snow and hats and coats and scarves and cold.

 

We met Boom for lunch and then she took Callie to dance, to see Trolls (again) and kept her overnight for a sleepover! 

 
Maya hung out with Auntie Cat for the afternoon and then I went over so we could make lasagna for dinner.

 
There were a few hours yesterday that I got to have to myself. What amazing things did I do, you ask? I laid on my bed. And folded laundry. And cleaned up the kitchen. Nothing photo worthy, that's for sure.

This morning was just me and the crazy 3-year-old.

 
Callie had her first communion today at church. She got to wear a flower and bring up the communion wafers with her class during the service and sit at the altar rail for a little bit and then commune with us, her family, for the first time. It was really special. 

 
And then when we were back in our pew she leaned over (still chewing) and said "Mom, this tastes like cardboard." 

Perfect.

We went back to Boom's house and I tried my darndest to get a good picture with Maya, but as you might have been able to tell, she is a big time picture smile avoider these days.

 
I caught a cute moment of when Auntie Yoda showed Callie an ultrasound picture of her little baby girl.

 
The girls and I got home about 2:30

And it was only 2:30.

So we decided to laugh in the face of 30 degree weather and go to the park!

 
It was chilly but we survived. And found a pretty red leaf that was trying its best to survive too.

We filled the rest of the day with dancing and playing (which also includes yelling and screaming and crying and fighting) and also some joke telling, so I'll leave you with Callie telling her new favorite jokes she read in a joke book on the Kindle.




Have a great Thanksgiving week!

No comments:

Post a Comment