Saturday, October 1, 2016

Cousins

So the girls keep talking about wanting a little baby brother or sister, and we keep telling them that isn't going to happen.

Lucky for them (and us!), we are still getting a new baby in the family!

Last week Auntie Yoda sent the girls on a scavenger hunt to share some exciting news.


IMG_9073 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you might be wondering about Callie's perplexed expression at the end.  I found out a few minutes later, when I talked to her quietly on her own, that she had the *ahem* wrong idea about what it meant that her cousin was in Auntie Yoda's belly.

You see, we have always referred to my cousin Andy's kids, Donald and Frederic, as the girls' cousins.

So when I explained about the baby and asked her if she had a question, or if she was confused, she quietly whispered, "I thought it meant that Auntie Yoda ATE Donald."

As in, Yoda ate her cousin Donald and he was now in her belly.

OMG.

I was able to calmly correct her and say that, in fact, it was a NEW baby cousin in Auntie Yoda's belly.  One we haven't met yet.

I think this reaction of a sweet, confused, 6-year-old is a story for the ages.

And we are all SO VERY EXCITED to welcome a BRAND NEW BABY to our family in early April.

Hooray for cousins!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment