Sunday, October 25, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Sunday.

We had a nice weekend- 26 hours of which was spent away from the girls.  To be honest, it was much needed and I'll get to that in a second.

One thing I forgot to post on Friday was what our sneaky little 2-year-old did while I was in another room for two minutes on Friday morning.

Sorry Aunties and Uncles, no pics for you, unless you'd like one with a
2-year-old's ill-placed autograph.
On Saturday morning I took the girls and met Jenna, Charlie and Baby Sylvia at Gerten's for a Halloween festival.  Here is your first look of the girls in their costumes!

Wonder Woman and Minnie Mouse!
ADORABLE, right?!?!?!  We had a lot of fun at the Halloween festival- there was a petting zoo, jumpy houses, a maze, face paint, pumpkin painting, and even a costume contest!


While looking so cute in their costumes, they were actually little stinkers ALL Saturday morning, so it made it very easy to drop them off with G-ma and Pa for a SLEEPOVER! 

Here is what they looked like when we were parked before going into the festival.

Don't let the smile on the big one fool you, chances are she just did something totally obnoxious to make the little one
scream her head off in the enclosed space of my car.

So thanks G-ma and Pa!  They apparently were little sweeties for them all weekend.  Go figure.

Anyway, after dropping them off, Mari and I met for lunch and then went to the cemetery.  It was beautiful there.  Peaceful.

 


After Chris finished up his workday, he and I headed down to Faribault (pronounced Fair-Bo) for an overnight stay at a B&B.  It was an adorable place to stay, but the town itself wasn't super exciting (Callie asked later, "Did it have many fairs?  or Bows?"...it definitely did not).  But we had a nice dinner, went to a movie in the next town over, and did some hiking this morning after a nice breakfast.


The girls had a great time at G-ma and Pa's while we were gone.  I'm guessing they didn't miss us much.


We were reunited this afternoon after nap time. The girls "helped" us rake and bag our leaves.  And then they turned into superheroes, apparently.


Callie's loose tooth is hanging on by a couple threads.  It has got to come out soon.  Chris and I both tried a little bit, but were kind of chicken.  That will be the goal for the next couple of days...


If my dad were here, he would be all over pulling it out himself.  He'd tease her about tying a string to a door knob and slamming the door.  At least that is what he threatened his daughters with when we had loose teeth.  I don't remember that actually happening though...but I do know he kept all of our teeth in an envelope in his underwear drawer for a really long time.

This coming week (on the 30th) will mark 6 months since he has been gone.  I'm working on a post to commemorate that day.  I'm not sure how exactly to do that, but stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment