Since I was too wiped out on Friday to do a picture update, I'll try and catch up today.
Maya is getting into the groove of having the adults to herself everyday, and I think she likes it.
Callie loves kindergarten and has even had a little reading homework to do. She brought home a low level book and said "Mom, it isn't very exciting, but I can read the whole thing by myself!" I love that she is already a little literary critic. When she gets picked up from school, there is always a snack waiting in the car because she is HUNGRY!
As for the weekend, there were two big events. One was a birthday party for my mom and Uncle Peter, who also turned 60 on Friday (they are "twin" 1st cousins, born on the exact same day)! We had a lovely dinner party at the Suurmeyers.
As you can see on the bottom right, there was even a party game- little mazes. Thanks to the Suurmeyers for hosting a wonderful evening, and to G-ma and Pa for babysitting so we could be kid free.
This morning was Maya's first day of 2-year-old Sunday School!
I stayed with her while Chris was with Callie, teaching her class for the 4th year in a row. There was a magician that came to perform for all the Sunday school kids, who Cal thought was hilarious. The girls did a little coloring together at the end of the morning.
Because I'm sappy, I dressed Maya in the same dress Callie wore for her first day of Sunday school three years ago. Can you tell who is who? :)
I think Maya's serious face gives her away...
We are heading into our first full time 5-day school week, with something going on for all or at least one of us every night to boot. It is going to be busy and exhausting.
Hope your week is less crazy and more calm than ours will be.






No comments:
Post a Comment