But weekends...ahhhhh weekends. If they aren't too scheduled, they provide us with some much needed time. There are moments that happen that just give both Chris and me a lovely sense of contentment and joy. I wish I could bottle the feeling up and give it to people who are sad. It is special.
Anyway, on to the weekend. It started with one of these moments- a pre-8am basketball practice.
IMG 6307 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
My parents came over that morning because they ordered a handmade bench for us, using part of the granite countertop that used to be in their kitchen. The bench is beautiful, and fits perfectly under our window.
| Thanks Boom and Bops! |
We spent the afternoon with Pa and Auntie Cat. Their neighbors had a jumping thing set up in the backyard, so the girls got to do that too.
Chris was golfing late afternoon and into the evening, so the girls and I walked around Centennial Lakes, got dinner, and went to the park.
Today was cooler and rainy, so I decided it would be a perfect day for Luther sweatshirts for me and the little one.
Our big outing for the day was going to the zoo. It may have been Maya's first time...or at least the first time she was really able to be interactive and she LOVED it. Which of course, made me feel guilty that she hasn't really done many of the fun things that we did with Callie by this time (Children's Museum, zoos, etc.). But I just keep telling myself that Callie didn't have a fun older sister to play with like Maya does, so it evens out. RIGHT?!?!?!?
The other thing I'd love to bottle up? Their energy! I have become totally immune to caffeine these days, as evidenced by the fact I had a caffeinated Starbucks drink about 4pm yesterday and still managed to fall asleep watching Netflix at 9pm. Is that what being almost 33 does to a person?
Have a great week! This is a big one for babygoose- Maya will turn 21 months old, I'll turn 33 years old, and the blog itself will turn 6 years old!





No comments:
Post a Comment