Tuesday, January 6, 2015

ARUBA MEGAPOST #2: 12/30

In case you missed it, I am taking a short break from blogging about these crazy children...


...and instead am taking a few days to blog about an adults-only Aruba trip. 

You can find part #1 right here.

Here is part #2!

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 30th, 2014

I woke up super early again, so I decided to walk to the beach to watch the sunrise.  My dad came down to the beach a little later, and we spent about an hour there before most everyone else woke up.

Arashi Beach at sunrise
The pelicans put on quite the show for us that morning.  Dad went to get the big camera and took some awesome pelican pictures. 

Pelicans!
I also happened to catch one going for a dive on video.


IMG 2711 from Baby Goose on Vimeo.

The big excursion for the day was an ATV tour around the island.  We went through a ranch called Rancho Notorious, which seemed a little sketchy at first, but turned out to be totally awesome. 

Ridin' dirty
As you can see, we were all on double ATVs.  Our guide took us all around the island, gave us history lessons, and showed us breathtaking sights.  He was also a great photographer and took many cool group shots.


Top: Ready to Ride!
Middle: In the cave
Bottom: On top of the cave

Walking around various locations on the island, drinking coconut juice

Ocean and cacti
Alto Vista Chapel
The whole experience's high point was a very bumpy and rugged ride over rocky terrain that led us to a large natural pool.  It was amazing.

Swimming in the Natural Pool
On the ride back I managed to get REALLY dirty...the picture of my face doesn't do it justice.  I had dirt everywhere.

Rugged terrain = So dirty
I really think that ATV ride was one of the coolest things I have ever done.  We got to see and experience so many different things on the island in a span of four hours.  It was pretty incredible.

After getting cleaned up, we went downtown to the tourist strip for dinner and had dinner at an Asian Bistro.

JH Yee's Asian Bistro
We ended the evening walking around, picking up some souvenirs for the girls, and playing games back at the house.  It was another fantastic day.

Tomorrow: New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment