I'll sprinkle in pictures of today's race just to keep you from totally falling asleep.
Like this one. Of the beautiful sunrise at 6:30am.
Before I dig into the history, I suppose I should tell you how it went today. It really was a beautiful morning for a run. Whenever I told people I was doing a half marathon in August, they said "YUCK! AUGUST! It is going to be hot!" I'd say we lucked out this summer, for sure.
As for the race and how it went...it was decent. It was slower than what I was hoping for, but I ran the whole time and finished strong.
![]() |
| That lady in pink and I passed each other back and forth throughout most of the race. I'm not sure when she finished, but she was good motivation for me. |
So if you want to hear how someone who was a total non-runner back in 2007, came to do her 7th half marathon in 2014, read on.
![]() |
| Thumbs up by the liquor store |
My 3rd half marathon was done with my dear husband in August of 2010 (my 2nd Urban Wildland). It was terrible and I finished in 2:30. I didn't train very well for that one, as I had an infant at home. But I finished and that's all that matters.
My next half was about 8 months later. I did the Get in Gear in April of 2011 (which, interestingly enough, I did the 5K version of the day after I found out I was pregnant with Callie in 2009) and finished in 2:13.
Half #5 was in August of 2011 (13.1 Series). That was my best one- I finished in 2:05:44. I followed that up with the Twin Cities 10 Mile in October of 2011, but I couldn't find my finish time on that one.
Aren't you thrilled by all this?
I'm almost done. My 6th half was in June of 2012 (Minneapolis Half Marathon) and I finished in 2:06.
Then it was about time for another kid, etc., which brings me to today. Over 2 years later. My 7th half marathon (my 3rd Urban Wildland) and I finished in 2:14:13.
Thanks to my parents for cheering me on throughout the race, and to Chris and my babies for meeting me at the finish line.
![]() |
| Both girls were overwhelmed by all the post-race madness! |






No comments:
Post a Comment