Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Hello Friends! It is almost August, but I'm not going to dwell on the fact that I only have 2 more weeks of summer vacation. I'm going to soak it all in and enjoy every last drop of it. We had the perfect summer weekend. Lots of family time...lots of sunshine...not much planned...naps...it was great.

Saturday

*We started out with a morning wagon ride (we love the new wagon- thanks Boom and Bops!).  As you can see from the bottom left picture, Callie refused to look at the camera.  It was because she was "too busy doing princess things."  She mistakes the wagon for a carriage, apparently.  That girl does have an awesome imagination.


*During Maya's first nap, I took Callie to get her first pedicure (speaking of princess things, jeez).  I wasn't sure how she would like it, but she did great.  Her feet were a little ticklish when the guy was buffing the bottoms of them, but she handled it like a champ.  We now have matching neon pink toenails.


*We went out for a family lunch, in which Chris wowed Callie with his "magic"...until she figured out herself that the utensils were magnets and could do it herself.  Maya was her usual goofball self.


*We spent the afternoon at the Wicks' house.  It is fun now that the big girls are old enough to play on their own with minimal supervision.  Dave got to hold the birthday twins- Kylie is exactly one year older than Maya!


Sunday

*We decided it was a perfect day to use the miniature golf groupon I bought awhile back. It was fun, but not the round of golf that Chris typically enjoys.  No score card was needed as Callie's main method of play was to immediately put her ball 6 inches from the hole in order to tap it in, and I had a 1-year-old strapped to my chest.


*There was a park near the golf course, so of course we had to hit that up. 


*We went to G-ma and G-pa's house for playtime and dinner. 


*And finally, I went to my Mom's on the Run group and ran the fastest 3 miles of my life.  Interval training works!  Also, the clouds were amazing.


My training is pretty much done (for this race).  I get to taper this week and the race is on Saturday.  Now it is time to trust my training, have confidence in my body, and hope that I will make it (with a PR)!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment