Sunday, July 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Oh Sunday night...you are here again.

We had a pretty chill weekend.  Mine began with my second to last long run before my race (in 2 weeks!).  The best way to describe the run was a very long wander.  My running app told me the mileage as I went, so I literally just kind of wandered up and down random streets, hoping that I'd make 10 miles and not too much more.  I did it, and found a couple of pretty sights to take pictures of too.


We decided to go to our old stomping grounds and check out Highland Fest on Saturday afternoon.  We went for the petting zoo and the wiener dog races.  Callie ended up not wanting to do the petting zoo, but Maya liked the goats. And then the wiener dog races started pushing nap time, but we did get to see the wiener dog costume contest, which was probably better than the races anyway.


The highlight for Cal was the rainbow flavored shaved ice, which she told me tasted like "WATERY RAINBOW JUICE!"...whatever that is.  She seemed to know.


Later, we went over to Uncle Dan's new house.  He and Callie played with some lawn darts, and then she pranced around in Hanna's shoes.


This morning the girls and I took Kona for a walk.


The later we went to have lunch with Auntie Mari and Gi-Gi.


We ended the day with an Ikea trip, some rabbit chasing, and a snuggle fest on the bed.  It was pretty awesome.  I don't know why we don't end every day like that.


The big 1-year-old birthday is on WEDNESDAY (what???), so we are in party preparation mode (which at this point just means HOLYCRAPWEHAVEALOTOFCLEANINGTODO mode).  It will all get done and be wonderful. :)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment