I haven't done a QOTD post for awhile, so I thought I'd catch up with a few recent gems.
Today in the car, after some (what appeared to be) deep-in-thought reflection time.
Callie: Mommy, do you know what?
Me: What?
Callie: We really, really, really, really really, really, really, really, REALLY* need to paint my toe nails and finger nails again.
*It is possible there were a lot more reallys than I wrote out. It was an extensive list of reallys.
_______________________________________________________
Over the weekend, she was not being a good listener so I was using my stern voice. She threw a behavior management technique in my face.
Callie: OKAY MOMMY, HERE IS YOUR CHOICE.** YOU CAN BE MEAN. OR YOU CAN NOT BE MEAN.
**We clearly give HER too many choices.
________________________________________________________
This morning, while I was getting ready, she called to me from the kitchen.
Callie: Mommy, can you help me count to 100?***
***She rocks at counting...she only needs help with getting the tens in the right order, otherwise she does it on her own.
________________________________________________________
And finally, some Hamsie-related QOTDs.
Callie: (looking at my stomach) WOW. Hamsie is REALLY getting big!
_________________________________________________________
Callie: (laying on the couch with me and rubbing my belly) Mom, how is Hamsie going to come out?
Me: (totally caught off guard with NO idea what to say) UMMM...she is going to come out of my tummy!
Callie: But how?
Me: UMMMMMM...(meanwhile Chris is listening and being absolutely unhelpful)...she is going to go down my body and come out.
Callie: (moves on to a new topic)****
****Thank GOODNESS toddlers have short attention spans, because that was probably the worst explanation of child birth EVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment