Chris was traveling tonight so Cal and I had another girls night.
It was great, but my anxiety is starting to seriously pop up. In 11 days I'll be heading here:
And while I'm SO excited to have 5 days to relax on the beach, I'm starting to feel heart-crushing, shortness-of-breath-inducing anxiety about leaving.
I mean, how can I leave this face?
I know that it will be five hundred times harder on me that on her. She'll be hanging out with her usual peeps and having a blast. She probably won't even notice that I'm gone.
Well, I hope she notices a little, but the thought of her being sad that Mommy is gone is enough to bring tears to my eyes.
While in Mexico, I'm going to try not to obsessively go to the resort's business center to check my email, but I WILL be requiring all those hanging out with my girl to email me pictures. Constantly.
She's growing up before my eyes, I can't imagine how big she is going to look after 5 days.
But...I'm just trying to focus on the fact that after I get back we'll have all summer together. I'm also trying to remember the fact that, after this crazy busy school year, I deserve this tropical paradise vacation.
So if you see me in the next 11 days and I seem like a basket case, please remind me that it will be okay that I go. That she'll be okay. That the summer is right around the corner.
Thanks. :)


She'll be fine!! You are so very lucky to have so many people right here who love Callie and will take great care of her!!!!
ReplyDelete