Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Easter Edition

This weekend was lovely.  We did many Easter-related activities and spent time with friends and family.

Friday
I had the day off, so Callie and I headed over to Auntie Cat's house for some playtime and brunch with her and Grandma.
Helping Auntie Cat play the guitar

Ladies in green
On Friday afternoon we met Jenna, Andy and Charlie at the mall to go see the Easter Bunny.  I talked about the Easter Bunny the whole day.  I showed her pictures of her previous Easter Bunny visits.  I tried to bribe her with a sucker if she sits and smiles with the Easter Bunny.  You can probably guess where this is going...

We stood in line.  She watched other kids sit on his lap.  She saw Charlie and Andy stand up by the Easter Bunny (he wasn't too excited either).  When it was Callie's turn, all we got were screams and her clawing at me when I attempted to go near the bunny.  So, alas.  No Easter Bunny picture this year.  But after that, we redeemed ourselves and the dads took the toddlers on the choo choo.

Then on Friday night I went to Titanic in 3D with my sisters and Mom.  Many of you may know that Titanic has always been my favorite movie (I saw it 7 times in the theater in high school).  My sisters and I can quote multiple scenes from the movie by heart. So it was fun to see it again on the big screen.  At last the first hour and a half was fun. And we got to wear these awesome 3D glasses. :)

Saturday
We spent the afternoon dying Easter Eggs!
Let's get started!

Eggs in the egg dye

Taking the eggs out

So excited about the colorful eggs!
Sunday
We started the morning with a visit from the Easter Bunny.  Callie was happy that he came while she was sleeping left her presents without her having to see him.

Then we headed to G-ma and G-pa's for the first Easter egg hunt and brunch with them, Dan and Anna.  She was excited about finding the eggs, but not about the raisins that were in some of them.  The the eggs with the jelly beans got a much happier response.
What's in the egg????

The Easter Bunny came to G-ma and G-pa's house too!

Why not play with some power tools after brunch?
After brunch we headed to Auntie Cat's church for a fun Easter service that included her telling her faith story.  It was great!

After nap time we headed to the condo for another Easter egg hunt and meal with Boom, Bops, Yoda, Mari, Great-Grandma and my uncle Larry and aunt Mary.
Annual Easter picture...the toddler was not cooperative

Easter egg hunt #2

Reading with Auntie Mari and Great-Grandma

Bunny ears with Auntie Yoda on the roof
There you have it.  Easter eggs, bunny ears, and the joy of experiencing all the fun stuff through the eyes of a 2-year-old.  So so so so so so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment