Monday, April 30, 2012

Light


The past few weeks I've felt...heavy.  Not sad.  Not angry.  Just heavy.

Heavy with the weight of a lot going on at work.  Heavy with a house that never seems to get clean and a yard that never seems to look nice.  Heavy with the pressure to exercise or take time to run.  Heavy with a toddler who is pushing the limits and testing my patience daily.

Heavy.

Which is ironic, because the past few months I have worked hard to become about 12 pounds lighter.

But today?  Today I made a conscious choice to try and feel lighter.

I upped my patience level with my toughest kids at school and we all did great.  I came home from work and started pulling some of the thousands of dandelion weeds from our front yard.  Because of my 9 mile run yesterday, I got a rest day today.  And best of all, my toddler was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. for me tonight.

No power struggles.  No temper tantrums.  Just a happy-go-lucky little girl, turning me into an elated and relieved mama.


I don't know what tomorrow or next week or next month will bring, but I'm thankful for this feeling today.

Okay, self, let's keep it up! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love days when life feels good. Glad you had one yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete