Three years ago today, I wrote the first post on the blog.
Tonight I spent a little time reading some of the earliest entries...the nostalgia crept up on me as I remembered how I felt. How excited we were. All the little fun and not-so-fun details of pregnancy.
It seems like it was a long time ago, but life has only gotten better.
Since then it has become a place to share highs and lows, document milestones, and keep those near and far up-to-date as we continue to learn how to do this parenting thing.
Speaking of parenting, if you follow the blog these days, you know that we're deep in a phase that is popularly known as terrible twos. And in one of our new music class songs, the terrible twos are mentioned:
Nothin' is wrong
Me and my baby just get along
Can't seem to lose
We got those nothin' blues
Rain or sunshine
Can't get over that child of mine
No terrible twos
I got the nothin' blues. We listen to that song often in the car, and I may or may not have reminded her a few times that she's in the terrible twos stage (jokingly of course...).
So now, every time she hears them sing "terrible twos" she proudly exclaims, "HEY! THAT'S ME!"
Haha...oops. She's definitely a "terrible two" right now, but she is OUR "terrible two."
And we love her like crazy. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment