Dear Callie,
Here you were over a year ago, showing me you were So Big!
And here you are, reading ME one of your favorite books. SO BIG!!!!
Stop it, Callie. You're getting SO BIG that Mommy is having a hard time handling it. The fact that you're going to be a 2-year-old in mere months is out-of-control-crazy.
I see you trying to be sly and looking at me crazy-eyed when you're trying to get away with something naughty. You're too smart for your own good.
And you're so strong. You try and be such a big girl at the park. Who is that big kid, hanging out at the slide? It can't possibly be you. That person is a little girl...aren't you still my baby?
Oh, Callie. I'm both LOVING and HATING watching you get bigger. My heart soars with every new word I hear you say, with the words you're starting to string together, knowing the sponge your brain has become (my favorite new phrase? "Wov lu Mom" (Love you Mom!)). My heart sinks with the knowledge that the older you get, the more I have to let you go to make your own choices, your own mistakes, learn your own way in the world.
This "So Big" business is challenging for both of us as we negotiate our way through toddler-hood. But just know that every day I feel honored, astounded, and unbelievably blessed to be your mom.
I love you Punkin Pie,
Mom


Omg that pic of the side eye is classic!! I saw a quote the other day on pinterest: Life is continual process of holding on and letting go. I think as a parent it is one of our biggest challenges, no?!
ReplyDelete