Monday, June 13, 2011

Smart

I know I'm not the first parent to think this, but my child is frickin' brilliant.

She's this little tiny person that actually UNDERSTANDS me, even though she can't necessarily show it all the time.

She knows what she wants. She lets it be known. (As evidenced by her refusal for me to put her hair in ponytails most of the time. Or her refusal to wear 9 out of 11 pairs of her shoes).

We walked to the park today. Both of us walked- no stroller necessary. The route to the park consists of crossing a few streets, so I taught her that when we come to a street, she has to go "UP", and I carry her across.

Then tonight, when Chris got home, I was telling him about our day. I asked her what we did when we got to the street, and she said (clear as day) "UP!"

With the whole summer stretched out in front of us, I can't WAIT to see what we'll discover next.

1 comment:

  1. That pic is awesome!! Yay for smart babies and summer! :)

    ReplyDelete