Yes, as a much littler tot she babbled ma-ma and da-da, but not in a way to really relate the words to us, the people. Yes, she has been able to say "Oooh Oooh Aaah Aaah" at the sight of a monkey for a few months. And yes, she recently started dropping things on purpose and saying "Uh oh!" But I don't consider those her first word(s).
Last weekend (or maybe the weekend before?), Callie was awake early so I brought her in bed with us to play. After awhile she was getting restless, so I decided to take her downstairs. I told her to "say bye to Daddy," and she clearly said "Bye Dad!"
Since then, she's been a "bye" saying machine, even though she's still working on the people she's saying by too.
Bye! from Baby Goose on Vimeo.
That sounds like her first sentence to me:)
ReplyDelete