Monday, February 21, 2011

Irony

So...you remember my post on Saturday? The one where I thought I was the master of the parent universe?

Right now, an almost 14-month-old is kicking my sorry butt in an epic going-on-2-hour nap battle that I'm THISCLOSE to giving up but know I can't. The kind of battle where I've gotten more than my share of exercise running up and down the stairs putting the passy back in, giving her the blankie that she threw out of the crib and saying "Time for sleepies", only to have an almost 14-month-old laugh in my face. Literally, she's laughed in my face about 5 times now.

We've screwed with her nap schedule the past few days, and after all my la-di-da about consistency and routine, this is what we get.

Maybe I'm wrong, but since she's walking EVERYWHERE now, shouldn't she be that much more tired? It hasn't seemed to be so. Yesterday and today she got 30 minute car-ride naps that seem to put enough wind in her sails to last forever. But I know, especially today when it is supposed to be time for the 2nd nap of the day even though she's only had a 20-minute first nap, that I need to win the battle.

Yesterday, she won the battle. And I have a feeling that is why today she's fighting so hard again.

I NEED NEED NEED to win the battle.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I always hate when people ask, "How is Teddy sleeping?" I always seem to jinx and good stint we have going by responding as such! I swear babies have a radar for knowing just when moms get comfortable and feeling confident. Ah well, keeps me humble :) Glad you ultimately won!

    ReplyDelete