Saturday, November 13, 2010

Letter to Baby

Dear Callie-

I feel like writing you a letter today because I don't feel like I've seen you much. Saturday is usually our day- just us girls. But today I had to do some necessary evils- like clean and cook. You'll learn very quickly that your Daddy and I are not neat and tidy people. So when we actually clean, it takes awhile. So while I was cleaning you got to hang out with your Daddy. Which is great, but I miss you.

Now you're napping and I want you to wake up! But I won't, because I know how much you need the sleep. You're so busy. You're learning so much each day. You're such a happy, sweet, charming, outgoing, funny baby.

You wave and smile at strangers- something that your Henderson aunties and your Mommy NEVER did. We were so shy...I wonder if you'll have your Daddy's personality and be the funny one- thelife of the party.

You love music and animals. Singing songs and seeing your doggy Kona put the biggest smiles on your cute little face.

With your new-found ability to move on your own, you are really wanting to be independent. But every once in a while I'm blessed to have you crawl right over to me, pull yourself up into my lap, and bury your head in my chest. And then, in a flash, you're gone...moving on to other fun toys and getting into more fun trouble.

You have charmed your way into the hearts of SO MANY PEOPLE. And it doesn't take much for you to do that- all you have to do is smile your scrunchy face smile and you have everyone wrapped around your itty bitty pinkie.

Tonight your Daddy and I are going out with friends and MorMor and Bops are coming over to babysit (now do you understand why I spent so much of today doing the necessary evils? hee hee). We're excited to have a night out to do non-baby related things (more specifically, beer related things), but I want you to know that half of mind and all of my heart will be back at the house with you... wondering what you're doing. Wondering if you're going to go to bed okay. Thankful that you are in good hands.

I love you Punkin Head...and now I've made myself cry...silly Mommy...

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: