Monday, November 9, 2009

Sleeplessness, Swelling, and Hiccups...oh my!

Blog Post by Kati:

In the past 24 hours or so three things have become obvious:

1) NO MORE GOOD SLEEP: I could not get comfortable last night and therefore did not sleep well. I still have a rockstar bladder, but the size of my belly is making every position I try uncomfortable...so we'll see about the sleep I was optimistic about getting in the next 6 weeks. I'm thinking that my sleep-through-the-night nights are numbered if not already gone. And I'm okay with that. :)

2) NO RINGS...NEW SHOES: The ends of my extremities (aka hands and feet) are doing some serious swelling. I can't wear my wedding rings any more (though I had to give up my Luther ring a couple of months ago!) even though they used to be almost too loose for me. And this morning I wore the same brown shoes I've been able to wear to work all along without too much pain, but by about 10am this morning I could barely fit my feet into them. Needless to say I was in my socks for most of the day. Except when I had to walk around the hallways and that was just really unpleasant. So I went to Famous Footwear after work and managed to find one pair of brown shoes that are glorified slippers and one pair of black clogs. Hopefully they will get me through!

3. BABY GOOSE IS A DANCER: I'm pretty sure Baby Goose was dancing tonight and also had the hiccups. I could actually feel them. I was laying on the couch earlier and the top right side of my baby bump was going crazy. For awhile it was steady little jumps, and then it would rumble around and move in waves and then go back to steady little jumps again. It was awesome. :)

1 comment:

  1. Kati...your sleepless nights are gearing you up to what it will be like when your little dancer arrives. No Rings No shoes brings back memories for me. Don't worry, the first thing I had Gary do after I had my babies was to bring my wedding ring to the hospital. Surprising enough, right after giving birth, my rings went back on. Hang in there.. you are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete