Blog Post by Kati:
Well, the following story is going to make me sound like:
1) I was in a time crunch
2) I am not an elementary school teacher
3) I am not pregnant with a baby
All three of those things are not true...but I felt like a scrooge this morning. :)
So my appointment was at 11:15 and I ended up waiting in the waiting room for about 35 minutes. During that time I had to listen to a super chatty new mom talk to everybody in the waiting room in a loud voice. I apologize to those that may enjoy talking to strangers, but this morning I was irritated having to listen to it. Then a couple of kids started running around in circles in the middle of the room so that every time they ran past me I had to move my leg so they wouldn't trip and fall. Then a woman who couldn't have been more than 23 came in with a double stroller with three kids under the age of three and pregnant with a fourth. Her kids decided to add to the madness that was the waiting room. And it was one of the kid's birthdays so the whole waiting room sang "Happy Birthday." And all of it was totally irritating to me, being a pregnant elementary school teacher who had no plans for the rest of the day! ha ha ha.
Anyway I finally got called back, got my blood pressure taken and then waited another 25 minutes for the doctor. She came in for about 7 minutes and that was it! Everything was fine. Heart rate was good (132 bpm I think) and after feeling around the doctor thought the baby was a little over 5 pounds. And I got the H1N1 vaccination shot. I go back in 2 weeks, and then every week after that. All my appointments are scheduled through December 18th. Here's hoping that I won't need to schedule another one because Baby Goose will arrive on time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment