Friday, July 10, 2009

Avocado!

Blog Post by Kati:

4 months in...hard to believe!

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


Things are going well and I'm feeling really good. Such a difference from the first trimester! I made my first stop into the Motherhood Maternity store in Southdale just for fun. I bought a few tank tops and got a little "present" for the baby- a little bottle! So that was fun.
I've been taking group fitness classes at a great studio on Lydale (Thanks Bethany!) that have been awesome. Some of them involve dancing, others are step aerobics, some are all about strength and flexibility. All of them can be done at various levels, so I just do everything at the lowest level to keep my heart rate under where it is supposed to be. I'm also doing some pilates classes there that focus on pregnancy and will help me develop the muscles that I'll need to utilize for the birth, as well as help me get back in shape after the baby!
I've been told by a few people to post more belly pictures...and I will sometime soon. My camera battery is dead and I have dig out the charger. :)
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment